|Name||Dr. Ram Prawesh Prasad Singh|
||Vice Chancellor, Kolhan University,Chaibasa|
|Office Address||Kolhan University, Chaibasa, West Singhbhum, Jharkhand - 833202|
|Residential Address||MIG-B/32, Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi - 834012 (Jharkhand)|
|Telephone / Fax||+916582 - 255280 (O) / 6582 - 255217 (Fax)|
|Date of Birth||28th February 1954|
|Exam||School / College
||Board / Univ.|| Year
|Higher Secondary||Higher Secondary School, Nabinagar||B.S.S.E.B., Patna||1971||1st|
|B.A. Economics (H)||Ranchi College, Ranchi.||R.U., Ranchi.||1974||2nd|
|M.A. (Economics)||P.G. Deptt. of Economics||R.U., Ranchi||1976||
1st class 1st (Gold Medalist)
Ph. D. Topic : Utilization of Resources by Marginal and Small Farmers - A Case Study of Hazaribagh District
Teaching Experience : 38 (Thirty Eight) Years.
Lecturer : 24 - 11 - 1978 to 23 - 11 - 1986 (Eight Years)
- Worked at Chatra College, Chatra and J.J. College, Jhumari Telaiya under Ranchi University.
- Taught different subjects at Intermediate and Under Graduate levels.
- Completed research work leading to Ph. D. Degree.
- Actively participated in different academic and extra-curricular activities of the college; viz : Routine incharge; Controller of examinations; Sports in-charge; Seminar in-charge; Bursar; etc.
- Wrote a book entitled “Economic efficiency and Indian Agriculture.”
Reader : 24 - 11 - 1986 to 23 - 11 - 1994 (Eight Years)
- Worked at J.J. College, Jhumari Telaiya and P.G. Deptt. of Economics, R.U., Ranchi.
- Taught different subjects at U.G. and P.G. levels.
- While working at J.J. College, Jhumari Telaiya; engaged classes at P.G. Center, St. Columbas College, Hazaribagh.
- Established as successful Teacher of the subject.
- Actively participated in different academic, administrative and other extra-curricular activities of the College and Department.
- Successfully organized inter College Youth Festival at J. J. College, Jhumari Tilaiya.
- Prepared Master routine for J. J. College in the Year 1984; which is still in force there.
- Published research papers in different Journals.
Professor : From 24 - 11 - 1994
- Taught different Papers at P.G. levels.
- Took part in Different State level / National / International Seminars / Conferences / Symposiums / Workshops.
- Gave several lectures at U.G.C. Academic Staff College; in its different orientation / refresher courses.
- Participated in workshop for Principals and H.O.Ds at U.G.C. Academic Staff College, R.U., Ranchi.
- Attended Refresher Course in Economics.
- Published several research papers.
- Edited Research Journal : Jharkhand Journal of Economics.
- Apart from teaching function, successfully guided six research scholars leading to their Ph. D. degree.
Administrative Experience :
Head of University Department of Economics, Ranchi University, Ranchi. (From 15.02.2004 to 14.10.2009 and again from 01.05.2012 -----07.05.2014.)
- Got entire Deptt. Furnished with all amenities and teaching aids.
- Improved teaching quality and discipline of the department.
- Organised several seminars in the Deptt.
- Invited several National / International distinguished faculties in the department and arranged their lectures.
- About 200 students qualified in NET examination.
- Brought financial discipline in the department.
- Supervised renovation work of the entire building of P.G. Arts Block ‘D’ of R.U., Ranchi.
Director : UGC Academic Staff College, Ranchi University, Ranchi. (From 01.06.2011 ----- 08.05.2014.)
- Organised 30 (Thirty) Refresher Courses and 10 (Ten) Orientation Programmes for University Teachers.
- Enhanced the level of training and discipline of the College.
- Developed entire campus of the College.
- Got entire college furnished with all amenities and teaching aids.
- Attracted participants from almost all states of India.
- Got the college evaluated by NAAC, which gave 23rd rank to the college, among 66 Academic Staff Colleges, in the country.
- The college was ranked first in the eastern region.
- Number of participants in all courses increased substantially.
Other Administrative Experience :
- College Bursar at J. J. College, Jhumari Tilaiya – 5 years.
- Centre Supdt. for L.L.B. Exam of Ranchi University – two times.
- Centre Supdt. for P.G. Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication Exam of R.U., Ranchi – two times.
- Centre Supdt. for M.A. exam of Archeology and Museology Deptt. R.U., Ranchi.
- Co-ordinator : UGC – NET Examination, June 2008, Ranchi Centre.
- Observer : UGC – NET Examination, Ranchi Centre – Five times.
- Observer : BA / BSc / B.Com Examinations of Ranchi University for all centres in Ranchi Zone.
Research Guidance :
- Approved Guide for all Ph.D. and M. Phil students of Jharkhand and Bihar, enrolled to Directorate of Distance Education, Annamali University, Annamalainagar.
Ph. D. Produced : 17 (Seventeen)
- K. N. Sharma : Assets Distribution, Income inequality and poverty in rural areas – A Case Study of Hazaribagh District : 1991
- Kumari Dibya : Emerging trends in Indo German Trade relations in present Era : 2009
- Archana Singh : Human Resource Management in C.C.L. and its impact on productivity : 2009
- Jyotsna Mandal : Factors determining birth rate in tribal family – A Case Study of Ranchi District : 2010
- Renu Kumari Verma : Impact of Financial Management on profitability – An econometric analysis of turnaround strategy adopted at Bokaro Steel Plant during 2002 – 03 : 2012
- Deepti Kumari : Trends in Institutional Agricultural Credit : A Case Study Of inter-State Variation.
- Abhishek Waibhaw : The Economic Problem and prospects of Horticultural Crops - a case study of Ranchi District.
- Pallavi Kumari : Impact of industrial relation on productivity - a case study of C.C.L., Ranchi.
- Nita Khawas : Socio-economic impact of industrialisation - With special reference to East District, Gangtok.
- Rinku Agarwal : India-China Trade Relation after Globalisation.
- C. Sukanya : Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Finance performance – A case study of Usha Martin Industries Ltd.
- Prabodh Kumar Pandey : Manusmiriti aur yagavlavya smriti me vivechit prachin arthawayawastha ke katipay ango kaa samikshatmak adhyayan.
- Renu Kumari : The Changing Scenario of Indian Agriculture in the post reform era. (16.04.2008)
- Sweta Sharan : Role of major rural non-farm economic activities in the rural development of Jharkhand – With special reference to Ranchi District. (17.09.2010)
- Dhiraj Mani Pathak : Public Debt and its sustainability in Jharkhand. (26.11.2010)
- Shruti Priya : Impact of movement of terms of Trade between Agriculture and Industry on Agricultural Growth, in post reform period.
- Jyoti Prakash : Impact of MNERGA Scheme on Rural Credit Market : A case Study of Selected Villages in Ranchi Districts.
- Indian Agriculture and Economic Efficiency : Classical Publishing Company, New Delhi. 1989 : (ISBN-81-7054-105-0)
- Prospects of Increasing Farm Net income in Plateau region of Bihar : The Bihar Journal of Agriculture Marketing : Vol. II, No. 3, July-September, 1994.
- Inequality in Assets distribution (A Case Study) : Jharkhand Journal of Economics, Vol - I, No. I (2006 - 07).
- Corporate Finance and Social Performance - A Critical Perspective : Innovation and Creative for Business Excellence, Book edited by J.K. Pattanayak, Sandeep Mondal, Chandan Bhar and Mitali Sen, ISBN-978-93-81361-60-3, page : 56 – 63.
- Slow Growing Districts of Bihar and Strategis for their upliftment : June - Aug - 2016 Issue - XVI, ISSN : 2320-2750.
- The Oppressed Ones : Kolhan Research Review : Vol - 1, Dec 2015 May 2016.
Seminar Papers, presented in National / State level Seminars :
- Backwardness of Jharkhand : Causes and Remedial Measures, UGC sponsored State level conference, organized by JLN College, Chakradharpur, 22nd December, 2000.
- Internalizing CSR : Developing a Conceptual Framework, UGC sponsored National Seminar organised by Faculty of Commerce, Jamshedpur Women’s College, Jamshedpur, 3rd and 4th February, 2012.
- Corporate Finance and Social Performance - A Critical Perspective, National Seminar on “Innovation and Creativity for Business Excellence, organised by ISM, Dhanbad on 17th and 18th February, 2011.
- Food Problem : Performance & Challenges, UGC sponsored National Seminar organized by University Department of Economics, Magadh University, Bodh Gaya on 21st and 22nd April, 2012.
- Globalisation and National Growth : National Seminar organized by S.N. Sinha Institute of Business Management, Ranchi.
Editor : Jharkhand Journal of Economics.
- Member : Syndicate, R.U., Ranchi.
- Life Member : Indian Economic Association.
- Member : University Advisory Committee for Jharkhand State.
- Member : Advisory Committee : UGC Academic Staff College, Sambalpur University, Sambalpur (Orissa).
- Member : Advisory Committee : UGC Academic Staff College, Patna University, Patna, Bihar.
- Member : Research Board : Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi (U.P.)
- Member : Research Development Board, Ranchi University, Ranchi.
- Member : Board of Studies, Magadh University, Bodh Gaya (Bihar).
- Member : Board of Studies, Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh.
- Member : Board of Studies, St. Xavier’s College, an autonomous college under R.U., Ranchi.
- Member : Board of Studies, Ranchi Women’s College, an autonomous college under R.U., Ranchi.
- Member : Board of Studies, Marwari College, an autonomous college under R.U., Ranchi.
- Member : Board of Studies, Jamshedpur Women’s College, an autonomous college under Kolhan University, Chaibasa.
- Member : Academic Council, Marwari College (An Autonomous College).
- Member : Academic Council, Ranchi College (An Autonomous College).
- Member : Screening Committee / Selection Committee for promotion appointment of University teachers :
* Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi (U.P.)
* L.N.M. University, Darbhanga
* Magadh University, Bodh Gaya
* B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur
* B.N. Mandal University, Madhepura
* S.K.M. University, Dumka
* R.U., Ranchi
- Member : Interview Board for Selection of Lecturer in Economics :
* SIRD, Ranchi
* J.P.S.C., Ranchi
* St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi
* Nirmala College
- Member : Approval, Seniority & Pay Fixation Committee - R.U. Ranchi
- Member : Purchase Committee - R.U. Ranchi
- Member : Promotion Committee - R.U. Ranchi
- Member : Annual Budget Committee - R.U. Ranchi
- Member : Committee to examine the feasibility of starting vocational / self financing UG / PG courses R.U. Ranchi
- Member : Committee to assess the position of colleges of rural areas and take steps for development of these colleges. R.U. Ranchi